Corsair HS70 Wireless Gaming Headset If you’re a gamer looking for a wireless headset, you may want to consider the Corsair HS70 Wireless. Not only is it a very good option, but it comes with a lot of features that will ensure you get the best experience. These include comfort, build quality, sound quality, and range.
Build quality in Corsair HS70 Wireless Gaming Headset
The Corsair HS70 wireless headset has excellent build quality. Unlike many other wireless headsets, this one has the heft and strength to rival headsets priced well above its $110 price point. That means you can expect excellent audio and a comfortable fit.
The HS70’s pads are designed to be comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Their inner diameter is 6.6 x 5 cm, meaning less pressure on your ears. This results in a more relaxed listening experience.
- While Corsair HS70 headphones are marketed as gaming headsets, they are also ideal for movies and music. They provide clear, balanced mid-range and upper-range frequencies with tight bass reproduction.
- The HS70’s 7.1 virtual surround sound provides an additional dimension of spatial sound. Some people may find this too loud, though. If you don’t like it, you can turn it off in games. However, if you do like it, you can use the software to customize its features.
- The headset comes in a glossy black and yellow box. It includes a quick start guide, a removable microphone, and a USB hub. Each of the ear cups has a black aluminium logo inside.
- The HS70 is compatible with Bluetooth, so you can answer phone calls, play music tracks, and more. You can also switch between 7.1 surround sound and stereo with a single click.
- On the downside, Corsair HS70 Wireless has poor outside noise isolation. During a game, you might find yourself screaming at the sound of the background.
Although the HS70 is built with the good build quality and great sound, it’s not quite as comfortable as competing headsets. In fact, you might feel a little uncomfortable while you’re charging the headset.
The sound quality in Corsair HS70
Corsair HS70 Wireless headset has a nice V-shaped sound signature and fun bass. It also has a decent treble. If you’re looking for a wireless gaming headset that has better-than-average sound quality and is affordable, the Corsair HS70 will serve you well.
- The HS70 is built on a metal hinge and uses a USB-based connection. Its battery life is 16 hours, which isn’t bad. But, despite its solid construction, there are some design flaws.
- The ear cups have a plastic shell with a metal grill. They also have memory foam padding. This makes for a very comfortable headset.
- One flaw is the microphone. While it’s clean and cleans up fairly well, it lacks the same acoustic qualities of more expensive wireless headsets. Occasionally it has an annoying metallic quality.
- Another issue is the lack of a 7.1 surround sound button. However, this can be fixed by using the Corsair iCUE software. iCUE lets you create multiple user profiles, as well as switch between stereo and virtual surround sound. You can even see the battery level, sidetone, and battery percentage.
- The headphones themselves are well-built, and they have a comfortable fit. They also come with a removable pop filter. Though they have a limited range (up to 8 meters), they have a good soundstage.
- The mid-bass is big, but not overpowering. In fact, it’s a nice way to introduce a resonant bass without being overbearing. When it’s time to get excited, there are plenty of meaty basses to make it all happen.
The HS70 headphones are made of high-quality plastic and metal. While they’re lightweight, they’re sturdy enough to handle a lot of abuse. And their metal headband is adjustable.
Corsair HS70 Wireless is a great gaming headset for anyone looking for a wireless headset. It has the same design and features as the HS60 but without wires.
OFFERS DECENT COMFORT
The HS70 headphones are well-padded and offer decent comfort. They have a fairly balanced frequency curve and provide a wide range of acoustic output. Their bass is strong and provides a lot of rumbles. At 100dB, these headphones average 44dB SPL, peaking at 57dB SPL.
- BATTERY TIMING
With a full charge, the HS70 battery lasts around 16 hours. This means that you’ll have plenty of time to use them while you’re away from the computer. However, they do need to be recharged.
- DETACHABLE BOOM MICROPHONE
The HS70 headphones also have a detachable boom microphone that is fairly decent. While it doesn’t have active noise cancellation, it does use ducking-type compression to improve its voice quality. In addition to the standard microphone, Corsair has added a Crosstalk feature, which allows you to hear your voice when wearing the headset.
- CONNECTS VIA BLUETOOTH
HS70 Wireless connects via Bluetooth or a wired USB dongle cable. When paired, the microphone gives you an audio signal, and a voice prompt, and lets you know the percentage of battery power left. You can also use it to play music tracks.
Another advantage of the HS70 Wireless is the lack of latency. Although it is wireless, there is minimal latency when using the headset, which is a plus for gamers.
- SUITABLE HEADSETS
One drawback to the HS70 Wireless is that it isn’t suitable for watching tv. The headset also suffers from poor outside noise isolation. That said, the built-in software is easy to navigate, and the hardware controls are solid.
- PREMIUM LOOK
If you’re looking for a headset with the good build quality and a premium look, you should consider the Corsair HS70. Fortunately, this headset isn’t too expensive, and it has all of the basic features you’ll need to enjoy gaming.
PERFECT PRICE FOR PREMIUM HEADSETS
The headband and ear cups are made from a dense, memory foam-padded design that keeps the headset comfortable. A detachable microphone is also included.
The headphones are made from 50mm neodymium dynamic drivers that deliver a balanced, natural listening experience. The bass is powerful and loud, while the mids are slightly recessed. This gives the headset a fun, energetic sound. It also has an impressive 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response range.
- HS70 is compatible with PCs, Macs, and PS4s. It features 7.1 virtual surround sound. In addition, it has a USB receiver for wireless operation. It also includes a quick start guide and warranty information.
- HS70 Wireless is priced under $100, which makes it a bargain. However, it’s not ideal for travel or sports. Despite its fidelity, it’s not a great choice for listening to the audio on the go.
- The microphone has a ‘ducking’ type of compression, which improves voice quality. Sadly, its metallic sonic signature is a bit annoying.
- Corsair’s HS70 Wireless has excellent wireless performance, with a range of up to 40 feet in practice. But it’s hard to recommend this headset over alternatives.
- The battery life on the HS70 is very good. It can last up to 16 hours on a full charge. You can also recharge the headset via micro USB.
- The headphones have a 7.1 virtual surround sound mode, which allows for positional audio. Combined with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection, the HS70 helps reduce latency.
Overall, this headset is a solid option and one of the best headsets for its price. While it does have a few blemishes, it’s a fantastic headset that offers high-fidelity wireless for an affordable price.
The range of Corsair HS70 wireless
Corsair HS70 wireless headset is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a high-quality, comfortable headset that provides excellent audio quality. It features 50mm neodymium drivers that deliver clear midrange and upper-range frequencies.
- Audio technology that surrounds you
It’s also available with a detachable microphone. The microphone uses ducking-type compression to enhance voice quality.
- Sleek Polished Look
HS70 Pro Wireless headphones have a sleek, polished look. They are built from high-quality plastic and metal. They feature a memory foam earcup to provide comfort. There’s also a volume dial and mute button. In addition, the headset has a detachable mic and a Micro USB port.
- Solid Base Response
HS70 headphones provide a solid bass response. Their mid-range and upper-range frequencies are clear, well-balanced, and fairly accurate. With a frequency range of 20Hz to 20KHz, the headphones perform well in most listening situations.
- HS70 is a relatively new product from Corsair. While its design is similar to the HS50, it is wireless only. However, it is a much better wireless headset than many other models in the market today.
- HS70 headphones have an incredible battery life, averaging about 16 hours of playtime on a full charge. Although the wireless range isn’t great, the microphone is strong enough to work up to 40 feet away with a straight line of sight.
- HS70’s microphone is able to be adjusted to any angle. This means that the microphone can be positioned so that it’s closer to your mouth, eliminating unwanted pop effects.
- HS70 headphones are also very light. They weigh a scant 0.7 pounds. That’s not bad for a headset with such a solid build.
HS70 Pro Wireless headphones are not the cheapest, but they are affordable and provide excellent sound.
If you want a headset that provides good sound quality without having to spend a lot of money, the Corsair HS70 Wireless Gaming Headset is a good choice. It uses 50mm Neodymium drivers to produce crisp highs and midrange frequencies. The headphones also have a 7.1 virtual surround sound system for enhanced spatial audio.